DABC logo
Facebook, YouTube, Twitter
What to bring with you

Bring What to bring -- ENG Please review the following list carefully before visiting a DABC free tax Preparation Site to ensure that you have all of the documents needed to complete your federal and State of Colorado tax return:

  • Your Social Security card, Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) or an accurate record of either number;
  • Social Security Numbers or ITINs for your spouse and dependents;
  • Photo Identification such as a driver's license;
  • Your spouse, if filing jointly;
  • Identity Protection PIN, if the IRS has mailed one to you for identity theft;
  • A copy of your 2019 Federal Tax Return. (Required to determine Earned Income Credit Eligibility.)
  • The total amount received from your first and second Stimulus Payments in 2020, or a copy of IRS Notice 1444 for the first Economic Impact Payment, and Notice 1444-B for the second Economic Impact Payment.
    (If you did not receive the full Stimulus amounts, you may be eligible for a Recovery Rebate Credit.)
  • All Forms W-2 (Wage and Tax Statement) from all your employers for last year;
  • Your spouse's Forms W-2, if filng jointly;
  • All Forms 1099 (interest, dividends, unemployment compensation, social security, state tax refunds, etc.) for you;
  • All Forms 1099 for your spouse. if filing jointly;
  • Form 1095-A, if you have health insurance through the Marketplace;
  • If you are self employed, your 1099-Misc income documents and a completed Self-Employment Tax Organizer to show your expenses and business miles.
  • Any year-end bank account statements showing any interest earned;
  • Any educational expenses paid to a qualified educational institution (including tuition/mandatory fees and interest paid on student loans);
  • If you may be able to Itemize your deductions, bring receipts of your expenses for out-of-pocket medical and dental, property taxes, auto vehicle registration, home mortgage interest, charitable contributions, casualty losses, and other job expenses;
  • If you pay a child care provider, the address and Tax ID numbers of the provider(s) (Social Security or Federal ID numbers);
  • If you are Amending your tax return, a copy of the original return submitted and any of the above documents that you are correcting;
  • Bank account and routing number for direct deposit (refund) or direct debit (payment).

If you are missing a Form W-2 or 1099
Your employer or the issuing financial institution should be able to provide you with a copy of your missing W-2 or 1099.

If you cannot get a copy from your employer or financial institution, please contact the IRS for assistance. Go to https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript. IRS transcripts do not show state withholding, so contact the Colorado Department of Revenue at (303) 238-7378 to request state W-2s so that we can also file your state taxes.

Get a faster refund with direct deposit
If electronically filing, direct deposit refunds take 10-14 business days, versus 45 days for a paper check. Some DABC Sites can open a bank account for free if you do not already have one. There may be a small fee for initial check order.


Form/Schedule types prepared at DABC SuperSites

What to bring with you

About the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)

More information about the DABC and your tax return

Low Income Taxpayer Clinic

image: GivingFirst.org

Get the most up-to-date information about your refund.
Find location

image: ColoradoGives.org

Give to the DABC and help provide services to those most in need.
Find location
Volunteer Spotlight
Volunteer Sign-up

DABC logo
                  ©2018  |  Privacy Policy